Got a new device for the holidays? The Library has digital books and downloadable audiobooks to check out for free! Libby is an innovative in-browser and mobile app from Overdrive designed to make borrowing and enjoying e-books and downloadable audiobooks from the library easier than ever.
Here’s how to get started with Libby:
Download or open Libby on your device:
- Apple App Store (for iOS devices)
- Google Play (for Android devices)
- Direct download from OverDrive, the developers of Libby (for Amazon Fire tablets)
- libbyapp.com (for Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks)Note: libbyapp.com works best in up-to-date versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign-in with a library card.
Browse our library’s catalog.
Checkout a Book
Browse our library’s catalog or search for a specific title or author using the magnifying glass icon
Once you find a book, tap on the cover. Tap Borrow and confirm by tapping Borrow again.
To Read Your Book:
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to WiFi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
On your Shelf , tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With… to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open in Libby to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
How to Return a Book:
It is not necessary that you return digital books. After the 3-week lending cycle, books will automatically return to the digital library. However, if you wanted to return a title early, please follow the steps below:
- Go to your Shelf
- Tap loans at the top of the screen.
- Tap Manage Loan.
- Tap Return Early, then Return.