The Yorba Linda Public Library offers study rooms for public use. Study rooms are available by reservation Monday through Saturday for up to two (2) hours per day.
Study Room Guidelines
Requirements to Use the Rooms
• Library card required: A valid Yorba Linda Public Library card is required for use.
• Age limits: Study rooms are permitted for use by individuals 14 years of age or older. Individuals under the age of 14 must be accompanied by someone 14 years or older.
• Business is not to be conducted in Study Rooms. Business includes, but is not limited to, paid or contractual services.
Reserving the Rooms
Study rooms may be reserved online, in person, or by phone up to 3 days in advance. Reservation requests left as voicemail messages will not be accepted.
Up to two, 1-hour reservations or one, 2-hour reservation is allowed per individual, per day. Any individuals present in any study room during the use period will also be considered to have used their allotment for the day.
Reservations for study rooms will be honored for 15 minutes past the requested time. Arrival 15 minutes or more after the reservation may result in the room being made available to other individuals.
Some study rooms are equipped with a TV and sound bar. These devices are controlled by the panel on the wall. To use them, you must connect your own device and cords. Connection ports include HDMI, VGA, and 3.5mm Audio Jack. The USB port does not function. Please keep audio at a reasonable volume. Walls are not soundproof.
Unattended Study Rooms
The Library will consider any study room left unattended for more than 15 minutes to be available for use by others. The Library is not responsible for items left unattended.
Study Room Occupancy
Occupancy is limited to a maximum number of people permitted per room as indicated by the fire code and as posted.
• 2 person study rooms are available for a maximum of 2 people
• 4 person rooms are available for a maximum of 4 people
• 6 person rooms are available for a maximum of 6 people
Condition of the Room
Taping or tacking materials to the room walls or windows is prohibited. Painting supplies are not permitted. Food is not allowed. Additional seating, furniture, etc. cannot be moved into the study rooms. The library cardholder to whom a study room is checked out is responsible for the condition and use of the study room. Vandalism will result in law enforcement action and all involved patrons being denied future access to study rooms. Customers using study rooms shall leave the room in a neat, clean, and orderly condition.
Study Room FAQ