Did you know that the Library has a wide range of video games and board games to lend and they’re all free! Board games offer players more than just fun, recreational outlets. Studies show that these activities help to relieve stress, improve brain function, stimulate the mind, boost creativity, increase attention spans, and improve social skills. It doesn’t stop there, the Library also checks out video games for a wide variety of game consoles.
Additionally, as a part of a partnership through the California State Library and the State Parks, the library now offers Parks Passes. The Parks Pass can be checked out and allows for free vehicle day-use entry to over 200 participating state park units operated by the State Parks to library-card holders in good standing.
California State Parks Pass
About California State Parks Pass Program
Through a partnership with California State Parks, the California State Library Parks Pass program has provided library jurisdictions with vehicle day use passes for circulation. The passes are valid at over 200 parks for one car’s access and are a physical hangtag.
Research shows that spending time in green space such as parks is associated with better mental and physical health measures. For more information on the California State Parks Pass program, please visit the California State Library website or check out their FAQ.
Borrowing a Parks Pass
- Patrons with an active Yorba Linda Public Library card and have a library account in good standing may check out a Parks Pass.
- Parks passes check out for three weeks and are renewable four (4) times. Parks Passes can be reserved and will be held for 6 days. To check the status of the Parks Pass, please visit the Library’s online catalog.
- Only one Parks Pass can be checked out at a time, per card.
- Fines and Fees: A fee of 20 cents per day will be charged if a Parks Pass is overdue.
- If the Parks Pass is lost or stolen, please contact the Library immediately. Passes that are more than 7 days overdue will be deactivated and no longer good for use.
Thank you to the California State Library and the California State Parks for funding this program.
About Video Games
The Library has video games for Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Switch, Wii, WiiU, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X
Borrowing a Video Game
- Patrons with an active Yorba Linda Public Library card and who are in good standing can check out video games rated C through T.
- Patrons 18 and older with a Yorba Linda Public Library card in good standing can check out a Mature video games.
- Video games check out for three (3) weeks and are renewable four (4) times.
- Fifteen (15) video games can be checked out at a time per card.
- Fines and Fees: A fee of $.20 per day will be charged if a video game is overdue.
Video Game Ratings
Early Childhood Games:
Content is intended for young children.
Content is generally suitable for all ages. May contain minimal cartoon, fantasy, or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.
Content is generally suitable for ages 10 and up. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.
Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.
Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.
Thank you to California State Library Services and Technology Grant for providing funding for the Game and Activities Library.
Board Games/Lawn Games
About Board Games and Lawn Games
Fun for the whole family! The Library has over 50 different games to choose from, perfect for a family game night.
Borrowing a Board Game or Lawn Game
- Board games/lawn games check out for three (3) weeks and are renewable four (4) times.
- Fifteen (15) board games/lawn games can be checked out at a time per card.
- Patrons with an active Yorba Linda Public Library card and who is in good standing can check out a board game.
- Fines and Fees: A fee of $.20 per day will be charged if a board game is overdue.