“The new dawn blooms as we free it
For there is always light,
if only we're brave enough to see it”
· Poems should be no longer than 30 lines.
· Entries must be an unpublished, original poem.
· Submit your poem by completely filling out the entry form below and attach your poem as a Microsoft word document or pdf.
· Selected poems will be displayed on the library’s website at www.ylpl.org/poetry
· Staff picks for the children’s category will take place the week of May 3.
· People’s Choice voting for teens and adults will be held on the library’s website at www.ylpl.org/poetry and will run from May 10 through May 22.
This contest is open to children (ages 6-12), teens (13+), and adults (18+).
Submit up to two original poems, no longer than 30 lines.
Entries must have been created from February 2021 through April 2021.
A complete entry form must be submitted with your entry. Please complete two entry forms if submitting two entries.
Your entry form and poem must be submitted by midnight on Friday, April 30.
The library reserves the right to reject any entry it deems inappropriate or which contains excessive profanity and explicit sexual or violent content.
Poems will be judged by age category, original content, impact, vocabulary, and creative expression. Judges’ decisions will be final.
Winners will be notified by Saturday, May 29 before 5:00 p.m.
1) Children (ages 6-12)
2) Teen (13+)
3) Adult (18+).
Children’s prizes include goody bags for selected entries. Teen and Adult prizes include gift cards for the winners of People’s Choice and Staff Picks.