The Yorba Linda Public Library invites teens, ages 13-18, living in Yorba Linda to apply for the Teen Advisory Board (TAB) volunteer program.
Volunteers in the Teen Advisory Board will offer suggestions and provide input about teen reading interests, recreational activities, and programs. This will make the library more “teen-friendly.”
The Teen Advisory Board offers teens an opportunity to meet and interact with other teens, develop leadership and teamwork skills, feeling a sense of accomplishment by serving the community, and obtaining experience to use on high school and college applications. In addition, volunteer hours earned may be applied towards the high school community service requirement.
To qualify, teens must:
- Be a current Yorba Linda resident.
- Between the ages of 13-18*.
- Have previous leadership experience.
- Have a current email address that is checked at least twice a week.
- Have basic knowledge of locating information on the Web.
- Be enthusiastic about providing ideas for teen programming/services.
- Have a willingness to participate on a creative team.
* Accepted TAB members 18 years or older must be finger printed.
Applications will be available to teens on April 3, 2023 and are due May 20, 2023 at the Adult Information desk at 4:59 P.M, late applications will not be accepted. Applicants will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will be conducted on Saturday June 3 and Monday, June 5. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Elsa Huchim at firstname.lastname@example.org or view the Online Application for further details.
You must be logged in to post a comment.