The library provides a wealth of information through our online services. These services allow library card holders access to a wide range of online databases on subjects ranging from magazine and periodical indexes to downloadable digital media. Select a subject area from the tabs below. VALID LIBRARY CARD NUMBER REQUIRED.
- ABCMouse – AVAILABLE ONLY IN THE LIBRARY With 9,000+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-8+).
- American Ancestors – AVAILABLE ONLY IN THE LIBRARY Founded in 1845, the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) is America’s leading resource for family history research. The NEHGS maintains American Ancestors: a repository for more than 400 million searchable names covering New England, New York, and beyond.
- American Physical Society Journals – AVAILABLE ONLY IN THE LIBRARY APS offers online access to a variety of peer-reviewed scholarly journals in the area of physics.
- Ancestry Library – AVAILABLE ONLY IN THE LIBRARY Ancestry Library makes family research easy for beginners while still providing in-depth tools for even the most advanced genealogists. The collection has approximately 4,000 databases including key collections such as U.S. Federal Census images and indexes from 1790 to 1930.
- Biography Reference Center This database offers a comprehensive collection of full-text biographies and unique narrative biographies. This resource provides superior coverage for several of the most popular and heavily-researched biographies and genres, including those contained within Biography Today and Biography (both dating back to the first issue published).
- Britannica School and Escolar Online, digital content including biographies, articles, and media. This database is presented in partnership with the California State Library.
- Consumer Reports Online Get access to expert, unbiased ratings of over 5,000 products. Plus reviews, expert buying advice, product comparisons, user reviews and more.
- Cyndi’s List of Geneology Sites on the Internet A list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- Driving-Tests.org Free practice tests for the California Drivers License Examination.
- Family Search This completely free site offers a searchable database, access to other family trees, the ability to create your own tree, an extensive learning tool (the Wiki), and much more. Their main benefactor is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Flipster Flipster offers online digital access to leading popular magazines. Issues may be downloaded and read in a web browser or mobile app.
- Fold3 Plus History & Genealogy Archives This database offers a vast, growing array of valuable and unique content consisting of historical documents, including millions of records available from a content partnership with the National Archives and other institutions.
- Freegal Freegal provides mp3 music downloads licensed from Sony Music Entertainment. The site has hundreds of thousands of songs and is continually updated with new material. Users may download up to five songs per week.
- Gale Literary Sources
Gale Literary Sources integrates full-text literary content with metadata and subject indexing and provides workflow tools to analyze information. You can research authors and their works, literary movements and genres. Search across your library’s Literature databases to find full text of literary works, journal articles, literature criticism, reviews, biographical information and overviews.
- Gale Literature Criticism Online An extensive compilation of literary commentary with thousands of essays on authors and works.
- Literary Resource Center – LRC Find up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world. The optional MLA International Bibliography module adds citations for hundreds of thousands of books, articles and dissertations from 1926 to the present, linked to full text where available.
- LitFinder Covering world literature and authors throughout history, LitFinder contains a wealth of literary works including over 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000+ poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays. For students or patrons seeking a deeper view into literature, LitFinder also includes secondary materials like biographies, images, and more! From Shakespeare’s sonnets to poems by Donald Hall or short stories from Edgar Allan Poe to works by Annie Proulx, LitFinder has you covered.
- Lynda.com Lynda.com is the leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center Morningstar Investment Research Center is an interactive investment database with information on more than 30,000 stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds.
- New York Times Online Full access to nytimes.com including all sections of the current edition of the newspaper.
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY INSIDE THE LIBRARY, CLICK THIS LINK TO ACCESS.
- NoveList Plus An online readers’ advisory service that helps readers find new books based on books they’ve read or topics in which they are interested.
- OverDrive You can download best-selling novels, well-known classics, self-improvement guides, and much more. To get started, you will need to install free software. For audiobooks: OverDrive® Media Console™. To read eBooks, you’ll need Adobe® Digital Editions. Titles can be enjoyed immediately or transferred to a variety of devices, including iPod®, Sony® Reader™, and many others. Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees
- ReferenceUSA ReferenceUSA is a database containing over 34 million U.S. businesses, 264 million residents, Historical U.S. businesses, New businesses, New Movers, New Homeowners and Medical professionals. This resource is ideal for sales and marketing, market research, business planning, job searching, and much more.
- Rosetta Stone Rosetta Stone offers the proven immersion method of language learning that more than 22,000 schools and 12,000 businesses have trusted for over the last 20+ years. The award-winning interactive approach has been used by millions of learners around the world and now is accessible in the library–or anywhere, anytime.
- TeachingBooks.net TeachingBooks.net is an online database that can be used by teachers, students, librarians, and families to explore children’s books and young adult literature and their authors.
- Tumblebooks Interactive online stories, games, puzzles and more.
- USALearns.org USA Learns is the premier, free website for adults to learn English and study for U.S. citizenship.