The Yorba Linda Historical Society’s Mission:
“The Yorba Linda Historical Society promotes education and awareness of local heritage by preserving for study and exhibition, the physical and anecdotal artifacts from the beginning of the community to the present.”
Susanna Bixby Bryant Ranch Museum and Botanic Gardens
The Yorba Linda Historical Society operates the Susanna Bixby Bryant Ranch Museum and Botanic Garden. The Susanna Bixby Bryant Museum and Botanic Garden is owned by the City of Yorba Linda. The museum consists of 2,500 square feet of vintage room furnishings, from 1800, including 5 museum rooms covering the history of the botanic garden, ranching, citrus, water wars, Cajon Canal/zanjeros, bee industry, Yorba family artifacts and mementos including textiles, Native American artifacts, transportation in the area at the time, the history of Yorba Linda, kitchen primitives, mini medical museum, and more.
We are open for docent guided tours each Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., except holiday weekends. Admission to the Museum is $2.00 for adults, $1.00 for children 5-12, Yorba Linda Historical Society Members are free. Week-day group/school tours may be booked by calling 714.694.0235.
The Susanna Bixby Bryant Museum is located at 5700 Susanna Bryant Drive, Yorba Linda, CA .
Directions to the Museum: East on Yorba Linda Blvd. Turn left on La Palma to where it ends at El Camino De Bryant, left on Pomegranate, left on Susanna Bryant Drive. The Museum is at the end of the block.
Yorba Linda Historical Society Membership
Please fill out the membership form, which may be used for multiple memberships. The Yorba Linda Historical Society is a non-profit, 501c(3) Corporation.
Yorba Linda Historical Meeting Schedule
The Yorba Linda Historical Society meets on a quarterly basis at the Yorba Linda Community Center. The next upcoming meetings are scheduled for:
- March 12, 2018: General Meeting at Yorba Linda Community Center-Game Room; Presentation topic: Yorba Linda Service League
- June 4, 2018: General Meeting at the Yorba Linda Community Center (Game Room); Presentation topic: The History of Baseball in Orange County, presented by Chris Epting
The Yorba Linda Historical Society is seeking volunteers! The Historical Society is recruiting docents for the Susanna Bixby Bryant Ranch Museum. Docents are asked to volunteer one Sunday, every two months, from 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. For more information on becoming a docent, please call JoAnn Ardanaz at 714.694.0235.
Yorba Linda Historical Society Board
- President: Lynne Yauger
- Recording Secretary: Franki Solesbee
- Treasurer: Robert Lyons
- 1st Vice President: Programs (position open)
- 2nd Vice President: Membership: Norma Susic
- Museum Curator: Jo Ann Ardanaz
- Docent/Tours Chair: Jo Ann Ardanaz & Patti Townley
- Corresponding Secretary: Sandy Castle
- School & Chamber Chair: Karin Freeman
- Newsletter Chair: Norma Susic
- Ranch Garden Chair: Jo Ann Ardanaz
- Publicity Chair: Robert Lyons
Yorba Linda Historical Society Contact
P.O. Box 396
Yorba Linda, CA 92885-3696