The Library has Book Discussion Groups for all ages and interests
Tween Book Club
Students in 4th-8th grade are invited to discuss great books and enjoy pizza on the third Tuesday of the month starting at 6:30 p.m. Students are then welcome to participate in entertaining activities. This is a fun, interactive book discussion group that meets monthly in the Storytime Theater. For more information, please call the Children’s Desk at 714-777-2873 ext. 7
Great Reads Book Club
Please join us for a sweet treat and lively, round table exploration of today’s Great Reads on the third Monday of every month starting at 7:00 p.m. From classics to contemporary, this group gives enthusiastic readers a chance to explore interesting topics and make new friends. For more information please call the Information Desk at 717-777-2873 ext.6.
- December 16, 2019: No Book (Party)
- January 27, 2020: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- February 24, 2020: The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
- March 16, 2020: Still Life by Louise Penny
- April 20, 2020: Killers of Flower Moon by David Grann
Make N’ Take Book Discussion Group
Read a book, discuss, and make a craft! Discuss the month’s chosen title, while creating a craft inspired by the book on the first Saturday of each month starting at 10:00 a.m. Supplies will be provided. For more information please call the Information Desk at 714-777-2873 ext. 6.
- December 7, 2019: Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini
- January 4, 2020: Still Life by Louise Penny
- February 1, 2020: Killers of Flower Moon by David Grann
- March 28, 2020: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- April 11, 2020: The Empty Nesters by Carolyn Brown
Adults 50+ Book Club (Meets at the Yorba Linda Community Center)
For passionate readers ages 50+. We enjoy reading and discussing popular and engaging books we might not have chosen for ourselves. We talk about book themes and connect them to our own experiences. Join us in the Yorba Linda Community Center , Activity Room B, located at 4501 Casa Loma Ave., Yorba Linda, CA 92886 on the fourth Tuesday of each month starting at 12:30 p.m.
- December 17, 2019: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
- January 28, 2020: The Only Woman in the Room by Marie Benedict
- February 18, 2020: The Empty Nesters by Carolyn Brown
- March 24, 2020: Miss Buncle’s Book by D.E. Stevenson
- April 28, 2020: The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
“Who Done It?” Mystery Group
Presented by our Friend’s of the Library, “Who Done It?” is the mystery (crime fiction) group. Themes for discussion vary from certain authors to specific locations or various subjects and settings. This group meets in the Library Community Room at 2 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month. For more information, please call the Friends of the Library at 714-693-5044.
Book Club Take Out
Have you always wanted to host your own book discussion or are you already part of a group and looking for your next book? Now it’s as easy as getting take out from a restaurant! Our Book Discussion kits include 10 copies of the book, a discussion guide, and instructions on getting started. Plus it checks out for six weeks. Check our catalog for our Book Discussion Kits.